03 February 2009

Again with the Evil Winter...

I left work at 4:30 today. I didn't get home until 6:30. :(

I was snowing HARD. Like so hard that I drove through two major town/areas and didn't even know it. There's a mall and movie theater and restaurants, etc in these places. But, since I couldn't see more than 20 feet, I didn't even see the signs stating I was near the exits, much less the places themselves.

When I started driving, the roads were clear. When I got home, there was 6 inches of snow on the road. There's more than a foot in our yard. It was a crazy 2-hour snowstorm. I wouldn't actually enjoyed driving in it, but other drivers made it very tense. They were always so close to me, like they usually are during rush hours. Five feet is WAY too close to be behind someone or even next to them when you can start sliding at any time. I always leave plenty of room in front of me for stopping. But, people in an unsafe hurry will speed past me and then get into that space. >:| Many times I wished I had a gun mounted on the front of my car so I could shoot their tires out. If they can't drive safely and put other people in danger like that, then they should be forced off the road.

No comments: